DPU – Development, production, quality management
German Supply-Chain Act
The German Act on Corporate Due Diligence Obligations in Supply Chains (Lieferkettensorgfaltspflichtengesetz) places an obligation on companies to perform appropriate due diligence with respect to human rights and certain environmental risks in their supply chains. The obligations that companies are required to fulfil are graduated based on the company’s actual ability to exert influence and depend on whether it involves a department within the company itself, a direct contractual partner or an indirect supplier.
The law entered into force on 1 January 2023 for companies with at least 3000 employees. It will apply to companies with at least 1000 employees from 1 January 2024 ...”
Although these legal requirements do not currently apply to us, as a medium-sized company we naturally comply with the legal framework with regard to human rights and environmental concerns.
In 2022, around 59% of our procurement volume was sourced in Germany (DE) and around 27% in the rest of the EU (primarily France). This large European share of 86% enables us to ensure a high supply capability.
Within the scope of audits, our main suppliers are regularly checked and compliance with the required quality management ISO 9001 as well as the fulfillment of the basics of the supply chain law is ensured.
All topics of both focal points are also supported centrally by our parent company - the DEF network - and are also lived at this level.
Sustainability: This is all about our natural environment, which needs to be protected and preserved. For example, sustainable companies use renewable raw materials wherever possible and support the conservation of these materials. These companies use renewable energy and optimise the energy efficiency of their processes throughout the value chain. They avoid processes and actions that harm the environment as far as possible.
What we are doing:
- Using recyclable packaging that can be reused in the cycle
- Saving and reducing packaging material
- Converting lighting to LED – reducing energy costs and consumption
- Focusing production on the minimized failure rate and scrap rate for maximum environmental efficiency.
- - Participation in the program "the green point" - incl. certification
If you want to run a sustainable business, you need to take social responsibility too. This is about ensuring humane working conditions in the supply chain as well as the company, fighting poverty at a national or international level and, of course, showing appreciation for the company’s own employees. Social responsibility also includes equal opportunities, health, diversity and maintaining a work/life balance.
What we are doing:
- Offering flexible working hours
- Offering mobile working
- Using digital tools in all areas
- Ensuring less business travel, reducing time/effort
- Offering participation in bonus schemes
It’s no use putting all that time and effort putting into sustainability if your company is not operating on a sustainable basis. Sustainable companies are not usually purely profit driven. They also strive to provide a better quality of life for current and future generations. In other words, it is not about profit above all else, but about generating profit in a responsible and environmentally friendly manner.
What we are doing:
- Investing in new technologies for products and tools in order to maintain our high standards and motivate employees
- Moving to new office and production facilities in Ahrensburg
- Providing a state-of-the-art environment
ISO 9001 Certification
As a manufacturer, it is important for us to standardize and continuously improve our business processes and
quality management systems in order to provide you as our customer with high quality products and services.
ISO 9001 certification is verification to you that we are committed to the quality of our products or services and
that our quality management system complies with international standards.
Certifications, not only within the scope of ISO 9001, monitor that we meet our own requirements of continuous improvement and optimization of our processes.
We want to strengthen your trust in us, minimize the risk of failures and misunderstandings and ensure that you are always satisfied.
The current certificate is available for you to download here.
REACH & RoHS
Reach and RoHS are two important EU regulations for product safety.
Reach requires the registration of chemical substances and their impact assessment.
RoHS restricts the use of hazardous substances in electronic devices.
In summary, Reach and RoHS help ensure that our products are safe for people and the environment.
Detectomat GmbH ensures that these guidelines are observed in order to protect you as a customer and to avoid legal consequences.
You can trust our products to meet the high standards of Reach and RoHS.
The „Grüne Punkt„
Detectomat GmbH participates in the Dual System "DerGrünePunkt". This certification offers advantages for the environment:-
- Participation in a packaging take-back system reduces the amount of waste, in order to conserve natural resources.
- Designing environmentally friendly packaging reduces the need for raw materials and energy, which can reduce greenhouse gas emissions and other environmental impacts.
- The use of environmentally friendly packaging and the reduction of waste can also reduce the environmental impact of disposal and help relieve the load on landfills.
Overall, „Green Dot“ certification helps us as a company to improve our environmental performance and thus contribute to more sustainable development.